About Me

My photo
Some call me the space cowboy... Actually, no one calls me that. Not least of all because I'm a lady. A proper lady, with ambitions and passion and lipstick. I'm brimming with love and scorn, courage and fear, hope and disappointment, alcohol and pathos. And I make great pancakes!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.
Monday, August 16, 2010

Not Everything Has To Say Something


Hello blog world dwellers, please do excuse my absence of late, I have had more things to do than there were hours in the day. I'm sure you even noticed my disappearance (said in the extreme sarcastic tone my mother used to warn would get me into trouble some day).

I've also been nursing my sick car back to health by paying more in repairs than the car is actually worth, given that it is old, temperamental, a positively strange color and looks like the sort of vehicle you'd expect to see a geriatric, safety conscious gentleman driving, while carefully observing the speed limit. An old Republican gentleman who likes to golf on weekends circa 1998 and wear expensive but sensible loafers. So naturally it suits me to a tee, as I am none of those things. But at least I have a " feels like new old car" now that doesn't stutter and seem diseased when it rains and better the devil you know than paying out that money on a new "used" car that might die in a month, right? That's what I'm telling myself. Heaven forbid I go out and finance something new.

I'm actually thinking of adding a "You kids get off of my lawn" sticker to the back windshield. I feel it might be redundant, however, as driving that car, it's already implied. Instead I draped a hot pink blanket over the back seat, my one concession to not having an elderly penis and declaring the car "me".

On that scintillating note, I do hope you've all had a delightful summer so far?




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I hate being in that place where the car's repairs are starting to cost more than the car itself is worth. Ugg.
For the record, I DID miss your blog so I'm glad your back! - G

Unknown said...

I too am glad you are back! I barely started following you and then you disappeared. I thought for a while that it was my breath, or maybe my deodorant failed me! Phew!

Kola Kokahalla said...

Georgina - I know, it's infuriating. However, I figured I could spend the same on a crappy "new" car and not know if it was going to die on me in a month or just fix this one and know what's going on. Plus it was a decent car back in the day (for an old man mobile that is!) so I'm hoping I'm good for another couple of years.

Eva: Oh no, your breath smells like roses on a summer's day I'm sure. :)