About Me

My photo
Some call me the space cowboy... Actually, no one calls me that. Not least of all because I'm a lady. A proper lady, with ambitions and passion and lipstick. I'm brimming with love and scorn, courage and fear, hope and disappointment, alcohol and pathos. And I make great pancakes!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.
Monday, July 12, 2010

When The Saints Go Marching In

I am never going to be a morning person. I try hard, sleep early, maximize my chances, yet still, morning arrives and I welcome it like a diseased whore, by slamming the door in its face and crushing its evil nose.

People try to talk to me, but words are impossible. They're swimming around inside my skull but they can't find a route out into the world. I try greasing them up with coffee. Hard and black and sultry. But still they tease me by swimming back into the dark recesses where they can't be uttered.

I like coffee. That dirty, dirty slattern. That bewitching harlot of the dark.

I also have a Club Soda because I'm hot, it's pure and the fizz is tantalizing.

Today I'm feeling good, despite a buzzing in my head from too little sleep. I have a lot of things to sort out and today I will make only a tiny dent, if any, in them. Imagine trying to claw your way out of a quarry using a spoon? That will be me, trying to un-grim the burrito. But I will not be thwarted. I have steely will, I have desire!

I have coconut gelato in the freezer...

There is nothing that cannot be accomplished.

0 comments: